- Respond to calls for assistance: lost check, change of address, change of bank for direct deposit and changes in withholding tax or insurance premium deductions.
- Provide same communication materials furnished to active employees.
- Determine that annual Form 1099-R is sent and correctly reflects retiree?s pertinent information.
- Administer COLA provisions if applicable.
COORDINATION WITH PLAN SPONSOR (e.g., City Hall departments)
- Receive payroll data via modem, disk or hard copy
- Provide information re. expenses paid by plan for posting to general ledger
- Exchange of required information during annual audit
City Clerk’s Office:
- Furnish minutes and other requested documents to records custodian
- Furnish agendas and meeting Notices as specified by ordinance or other rules of procedure applicable to employee benefit plans