Pete K. Prior: President
848 Orchid Drive
Plantation, FL. 33317
E-Mail: [email protected]
- Tamarac Fire Department (Lieutenant) Tamarac, FL
- Broward Community College, Associate Degree in Fire Science
- Nova Southeastern, Bachelors Degree in Business and Professional Management with a specialty in Public Administration. Masters Degree in Human Resource Management. Also has taken many seminars on Collective Bargaining from the International Association of Firefighters and Florida Professional Firefighters Association.
- President, Benefits-USA, Inc., Lauderhill, FL
- Division Vice President for Local 3080, 1992-1996
- Tamarac Professional Firefighters Local 2600, President 1976-1986
- BCCPFF- Division Vice President for 3 years.
- BCCPFF- President for 5 years starting in 1985-1987, 1990-1992
- BCCPFF- Treasurer since 1994 and current secretary/treasurer
- Tamarac Pension Board- 1977-1996. Past Chairman/Vice Chairman of the Tamarac Pension Board.
- Trustee for Hialeah Gardens Police Pension Fund, appointed in 1997.
- Past Division Vice President for AFL-CIO & current Trustee for the AFL-CIO representing public employees.
- Member of Education Committee and Current Director of Florida Public Pension Trustees Association (FPPTA) two terms.
- Certified Public Pension Trustee (CPPT)
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management
(954) 730-2068 x202
E-mail: [email protected]
8/2002-Present Employed by: Benefits USA, Inc.
Providing full Customer Service to Boards of Trustees and their participants for a third party administrator of Defined Benefit Pension Plans and Supplemental Plans.
7/97-12/99 Employed by: First Benefits Services, Inc
CSR/Claims Representative. Provided Customer Service for a third party administrator of Municipal Pension Plans, Health & Welfare Trust Funds, Section 125 Cafeteria and Flexible Spending Account Plans, and Self-Funded Employee Group Medical and Dental Plans. Duties included verification of benefits, claims status, accounts payable, checks disbursements and wire transfers to Account Holders, bank reconciliation, Liaison to Group Administrators, and coordination of Medical and Dental Benefits.
1977 – 1979 Miami Dade Community College
Degree: AA Nursing
2000 – 2003 Soccer Mom
2001 – 2002 President – PTA
Livia G. Nixon
Extensive background as an Administrative Assistant in Employee
Benefits/Customer Service. Committed to standards of professional performance. Word processing skills in Microsoft Word and Excel – Reliable – Problem Solver – Organized – Quality Service Team Player
Benefits USA, Inc. 2005 to Present
Working as administrator on Pension Plans. Coordinate Pension Board meetings and taking minutes. Providing full customer service to Boards of Trustees and their participants for a third party administrator of Defined Benefit Pension Plans and Supplemental Plans. Tasks include working with legal, investment management, accounting, actuarial, consulting and other professional advisors with respect to Trustee services.
Salem Trust Company 1998 to 2005
Responsible for daily Data Input of Contributions and balance sheets; bank deposits, distributions from Trust accounts, monthly reporting for pension payments, payments of invoices, account reviews, assist in processing year end 1099R tax forms . Work directly with retirees, clients and Benefit Providers. Worked with outside auditor’s in providing them information relating to various municipal pension plan audits. Monthly statement downloading for outside investment managers. Work with legal documents and interaction via phone contact with various attorneys. Capable of working with little or no supervision.
Barnett Bank Trust Company 1990 – 1998
Supported three (3) Trust Officers in Corporate Trust Dept. with (401)K and pension accounts. Responsible for the processing of lump sum distributions and monthly pension disbursements. Daily processing of contributions to trust accounts. Provided phone communication with clients and investment managers regarding trading issues, account balances and overdrafts.
Exceptional Assistant Seminar
Grammar and It’s Usage Seminar
American Society for Pension Actuaries
Financial Accounting Course (PBCC 3.0 GPA)
* Word Processing: Microsoft Word and Excel
* Phone Etiquette
* Sungard Trust System Series 11
* Independent Self Starter